..

We Want To Stay In Touch With Our Loyal Fans - Let's Hear From You!!!

Welcome!

We understand that many of our faithful followers don't have Facebook or Twitter accounts and yet would really love to join our Steamboat community. We have created this blog so that we can stay in touch with every one of you whether you have a Facebook/Twitter account or not!


Our RSS Blog Feed

Add our RSS feed to your homepage to be notified when we update our blog!


.

Click Below to Go Back to SteamboatSeries.com

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Excellent Thoughts by a fellow Blogger about Soaps and Daytime TV!

A very insightful post regarding TV, it's past and present.  Wonder how many people Tivo'd Guiding Light and how many are of Let's Make a Deal!  Will they get it soon?  Or is it too late?


1 comment:

  1. Very insightful. I don't have a Tivo, but I do have a television in my office, and if I wasn't in class I was watching Guiding Light (and, if I missed it, I asked my mother, who watched it faithfully every day and taped it if she wasn't home when it was on). I'm not watching Let's Make a Deal, partly because I'm not really a fan of game shows and partly as a protest against Guiding Light's cancellation.

    And I'm from a generation that began watching soaps before VCRs, and college students scheduled their classes around their favorite soap. I even had a roommate change majors because one of the required courses for her major conflicted with General Hospital. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your perspective), students don't have to do that today.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment by using the Name/URL. No URL input is required to post your comment!